I was thinking today of how much change has occurred with us in such a very short time. I thought back to June when I had written this, but hadn’t sent it out ~
There have been galactic levels of change in the Martin household in the last few months! The never-ending/ever-growing Project/Task list has had me working my fingers to the bone. Really, next update I’ll send a picture of my boney fingers. The changes are not only mere upgrades to the house, but also in our lives as we prepare for the arrival of our son. As the baby gets bigger, Jenn is moving slower and her comfort level drops. Some time ago I had to put a stepstool next to the bed, because our bed is too high for Jenn to get into without it. At night, my poor wife wrestles not only with the pillows, but also her frustration as she tries to find a comfortable position. One evening I swear she had 97 pillows on the bed! She had arranged them in a fashion that held her in a position not unlike the Apollo astronauts preparing for launch.
The changes in Jenn have not been limited merely to physical ones. And I’m to the point now where I think I should be concerned. My beautiful wife has always been… (how can I put this nicely?)… a little high-strung when it came to messes. Whether it was little or big, she couldn’t be calm if we had a messy house, or a house with a messy room, or a room with a little mess in it, or the knowledge that there was something not completely in order in a box, in the attic, behind a bunch of other boxes, which no one would ever see anyway. I’m telling you now, that there has been a shift in the natural order of things, a change has occurred on the molecular level. The only other explanations would have to be that aliens abducted my wife and replaced her, or that she’s possessed. She’s not spewing green vomit and spinning her head around, but I’d be lying to you if I said I hadn’t thought of calling Max Von Syndow to come over and have a look. A couple of days ago Jenn made a hand motion while holding a small package of some form of bite sized coated yogurt snacks. This motion flung several pieces onto the couch. Several times this week alone I have been witness to my wife sitting in the recliner with some sort of food. After hearing her say “Whoops”, I’ll look up to see her gazing down trying to find the grape, or forkful of Mac & cheese, that she had just dropped. Sometimes the dog is quick enough to scavenge what’s dropped. Sometimes she’s not. But if Jenn can’t immediately see it, I guess it’s gone as far as she’s concerned, not even a wince or a second thought. I take that back, there was a second thought, she told me that if I smelled mold that I’d have to clean the chair. Believe me; I’m not waiting for anything to grow in my furniture. Once she leaves the area, the proper remediation is started!
Well, for documentation purposes, I need to announce that Jennifer has returned to a version more like her pre-pregnancy self, at least where messes are concerned.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I laughed so hard it hurt! You are so funny and I loved reading this! Great Job Bri, keep up the good work. I look forward to the next update. Love Lisa :)
Post a Comment